The number of women nowadays who feel like a parent to their husband is increasing, unfortunately. Besides so doing, the men drain their energy and cause a lot of stress every day.
Numerous women consider marriage as demanding as the motherhood. According to researchers, an average mother rates her levels of stress at 9 out of 10. Moreover, 45% of the women who were included in the study said that their husbands are provoking more stress rather than their children.
So, here are the results of this study:
- 3 out of 4 women who have a partner said that they perform the most of the household duties and parenting
- 1 out of 5 women said that the main reason for stress is the lack of help from their partner
In general, all women and mothers agreed on the following: the major cause of stress is the lack of time to do all households duties which are needed to be done at home
In addition, the University of Padova conducted a study in which was found that the husband’s health deteriorates after the death of their wives. On the other hand, the women’s health improved after their husbands’ death. Besides, the women become healthier and deal with stress and depression even better. This means that men relied heavily on their wives.
Therefore, to reduce stress and to solve these issues, both partners should do the following things:
- Split the responsibilities, such as organizing events, doctor appointments, and homework duties.
- Talk about the subject and explain your partner the stress you feel every day
- Make a shared calendar or to-do list
- Trust your partner, since the majority of men dream of being the best husbands and dad. By not giving them important responsibilities, you kill that in them.
- Resist the temptation of doing everything by yourself in order to be performed perfectly
- Ask your partner to step in and contribute in doing the duties.
- Don’t focus on parenthood solemnly and don’t leave behind your relationship
Just remember to be partners, not just parents. You are individuals as well, therefore try to spend some time for yourself. Dedicate time to your partner too. Keep the connection with your partner strong so to establish a solid basis of your family.